Small Brick Kitchen for Traditional, Wooden Croatian House.

My name is Pavle Loncar. My family in Zagreb wanted to improve our beautiful, traditional, wooden house located on our property. House was built in 1841 and was preserved in past with original construction and some improvements.
Kitchen was primitive in that time so small kitchen element has been added in past. By my opinion it needed something new but built traditionally, not modern or fancy.
I used old bricks removed from demolished barn, with Ikea wooden counter, sink and electric plate.
Real challenge was to incorporate counter for dining as there was not enough space for table with chairs.
small brick kitchen for traditional croatian house, diy, home improvement, kitchen design
Traditional Croatian wooden house in Zagreb, built in 1841 and preserved in original construction.
Existing kitchen element.
Idea was to make small kitchen from old bricks, together with counter for dining due to small space. Also, floor would need new tiles.
First time I worked with bricks so it was a challenge.
Help from my daughter Antonela.
Arch is done, now to incorporate base for sink and electric plate.
Brick work is done.
Sink and plate in place with Ikea kitchen counter.
Start with floor tiling.
Lot's of tile cutting.
Finalised, with all details.

IMUSA USA GAU-80306 Electric Double Burner 1500-Watts , Black

• Rmr31291561

Great job, just one question I am thinking that the bricks are pretty heavy, did you have to support the bottom of the floor at all?

• Landsharkinnc

BEAUTIFUL!! But do you have any concerns with the electric burners so close to the sink? it reminds me of a unit I saw in a salvage yard here in Virginia in 2016

, this is a 1950 s era unit designed for an apartment or very VERY small dwelling the Refrigerator Sink and Electric stove top all in one
    • Jus14784545

Great idea, fits perfectly with your wonderful old house. It's very interesting to see how the rest of the world does remodeling. Keep posting.

• Mcgypsy9

Pavle this is now 3 1/2 years later, have you done any more to the house? This is adorable! Love the house very much!

• Janie Goodrich

You did a beautiful job, I love it😊

• Sibyl Daniels

The job you did was outstanding and the outside reminded me of something out of a fairy tale. You are so lucky to own the cottage and are preserving it. By the way, your daughter is beautiful.