Homeroad
Homeroad
  • Huntington, NY

Repurposing a Dresser Drawer

Make a decorative shelf using a dresser drawer and an old frame.... I began by removing the knob, adding a shelf, and painting the drawer with black chalk paint. I had an old gold frame that fit the drawer perfectly so after cutting off one side of the frame, on it went! The base of this shelf is the front of the drawer, sits perfectly on a table!
I removed the knob, sat the drawer on it's front and added a shelf.
I used an old gold frame that fit the length of the drawer perfectly. All I needed to do was to cut one side off the width of the frame and nail it on. I added a little bling with a metal tag.
And here it is, slightly distressed but with some gold glamor. A perfect shelf to hang on the wall or sit on a table!
Homeroad

• Kate Taylor

This is a fabulous idea for any and every room you need storage in! The options are endless for customization and purpose. Thank you! I'm on it! ;)

• Karen

Great idea. I'm in the process of doing one for my jewelry and hadn't thought of the old picture frame to finish it off. Now to go find the old frame and have my husband trim them to size (he doesn't trust me with the saw!)