Nicholas S
Nicholas S
  • Altamonte Springs, FL
Asked on Dec 29, 2011

I found a 1950s coca cola cooler while looking for some antiques does anyone know what I should do with it?

JohnchipDeeCoalhouse general store
+15

• Nicholas, what is the condition of it? Is it possible or worth it to be restored? If you don't have a spot for it in your own home, these things are pretty collectable and can fetch a nice amount of money from collectors out there.

• 3po3

If you have kids or grandkids, it sounds like a cool (pun intended) toy chest.

• Lillian S

a planter?

• Nicholas S

Here are some photos. It looks like someone painted over it some time ago. There is no real rust and it is from the 50s.

q i found a 1950s coca cola cooler while looking for some antiques does anyone know, painted furnitureq i found a 1950s coca cola cooler while looking for some antiques does anyone know, painted furnitureq i found a 1950s coca cola cooler while looking for some antiques does anyone know, painted furniture
  • FRED

Are there any photos of it?

• 3po3

Looks like it has potential as a cool toolbox if you have a good tool collection.

• Nicholas S

It's really heavy if I put tools in it I would not be able to carry it.

• 3po3

Well, I figured it would make a good tool storage unit for holding and organizing tools, rather than a mobile toolbox.

• I am with Dan.... that may be worth more as a collectible to someone than a tool box.... or maybe I am just watching too many of those shows on A&E and the History chanel

• Hudson Designs

It is a collectible. Don't do any work to it. Check on ebay and get some pricing, but this is very rare..................

• FRED

After viewing the pic's I would suggest getting it refurbed to it's original look. Then you can use it for drink bottles or if your interested in selling it let me kno i may be interested in it

• Nicholas S

Fred if you want it ok but some other folks have asked that, the shipping, because of the weight is a problem.

• Cher D

put it on ebay

• Nicholas S

Fred contact me nicksspot@live.com thanks

• Nicholas S

Fred if you are intrested in the cooler and want to work out the details contact me at nicksspot@live.com

• Coalhouse general store

being an antique dealer and selling so many of these over the years, dont touch it!.. its not worth diddly squat once its painted.. right now its worth about 100 and more if it has the coke embossed on it.. if not and its just plain around 75 in our area.. your may be more.. there are things to paint, and things not to.. this isnt one of them...

• Dee

I say the tool box/toy box option is tops. Just make a small 'tray' on castors to allow mobility w/o picking it up. Like the bases you can buy to put a heavy/large plant on.

• Johnchip

i have a novel idea..use it for what it was made for. As a cooler for parties, set out as a decor item with bottle and stuff spilling out of it.