Patti C
Patti C
  • Dacula, GA
Asked on Dec 29, 2011

How do I eliminate condensation in my bathroom? We have and use an exhaust fan.

Peace Painting Co., Inc.Designs by BSB

I want to repaint it but don't want to just cover up the streaks from the condensation that's run down the walls.
  • Designs by BSB

Have you verified the duct work runs to the exterior of the home? Length of pipe? What is the CFM rating of the fan and is it adequate for your room. Formulas: For rooms with 8' ceiling: Room Area (Square Feet, widthxdepth) x Constant (1.07) = Cubic Feet Per Minute (CFM) needed Other ceiling heights: Room Area (Cubic Feet, width x depth x height) x Exchanges (see below) = Cubic Feet Per HOUR. Now divided by 60mins = Cubic Feet Per Minute (CFM) needed. EXCHANGES: Bath 8 Kitchen 15 Laundry Room 6

• Designs by BSB

There is another discussion going on VERY similar to yours :) http://www.hometalk.com/activity/117779

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Patti, before you paint, wipe off the condensation streaks with a damp sponge so they do not show through the new paint. Best, Charles