Cinnamon Dough Ornaments

I really love functional decorating. The function here is that this decoration also makes the house smell wonderful!! These ornaments are made with just a few ingredients that you probably have right now, and are sure to become a holiday tradition!!

All you need is one cup cinnamon + a few extra tablespoons (one regular 4.3 oz. bottle is enough), 4 Tablespoons glue (Elmer's school glue works fine) and 3/4 cup water.

Mix together your ingredients. You should have a cookie dough consistency. Add a touch more water (like a Tablespoon at a time) if you need to. It should hold together easily in a ball.

Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for a couple hours or until your ready for the next step (within same day). Or if you're impatient like me, go ahead and move on...just be careful because your ornaments will be more prone to cracks if you skip this step!!

Knead the dough until it's soft then roll out to 1/4 inch thickness on a surface dusted with some of your extra cinnamon. Scatter more cinnamon over the top to keep the dough from sticking to your rolling pin. Now cut shapes using your favorite cookie cutters.

Using a toothpick or straw, make a hole to hang your ornament. If you use a toothpick, be sure to flip the ornament over and work the hole from the other side, too!

Dry your ornaments, either by using a dehydrator (120 degrees for about an hour and a half), your oven (as low as it will go for a few hours, flipping every once in a while), or put them on parchment paper and air dry for three or four days, flipping twice a day. When they're good and dry (you can tell once they start drying if they're done or not, it's time to decorate!!

Make them as colorful...

...Or as simple as you (or your kids) want.

Hang them on door knobs for a waft of fragrance each time you open the door...

Hang them in windows and let the sun magnify their scent...

String them together to make a colorful winter garland. Whatever you do be creative and have fun! Enjoy!! Don't forget you're always welcome to visit me at treasuredchaos.com

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Treasuredchaos.com

• Sandi
    Sandi

Will the cinnamon repel cats out of my tree.??????????

• Kim
    Kim

my dough never got like cookie dough, too watery , still in the fridge, ? what can i add to make it doughy..flour?

• Jill Ron Pike
      Jill Ron Pike

I skimped on the water, too. Didn't take quite all of the 3/4 cup water for mine to get dough-y enough--maybe has to do with different humidity levels?

• Mary Turberville
    Mary Turberville

How many ornaments will this receipt make??

• Eliza
    Eliza

Addendum ~ Eliza 🌹~

Just read your Seeded Paper on your site.

I do not know how to make seeded paper but would love to know how & my husband is always growing plants trees from seeds but

I would like to try your Seeded Paper ...

How to make from start to finish 💜

~~~~~~~ Eliza 🌹~~~~~~~

Health, Good Tidings & Peace To All🕊️

• Melinda Record
    Melinda Record

These ornaments are so cute and fun, with endless possibilities for shapes of the season. I am anxious to make these because cinnamon is such a soothing, "happy" scent. Your instructions are very good ~ easy and clear!

Thank you very much for sharing and inspiring!