HomeSpot HQ
HomeSpot HQ
  • Durham, NC

Make your washer clean itself!

It sounds funny that you have clean a machine designed for cleaning, but the washer does need some love. Detergent and grime build up on the drum over time.
Luckily, it's pretty easy to clean. Dump a couple cups of vinegar with a little bit of lemon juice (for smell) into the washing machine and set to the hottest cycle. While the washer is running, wipe down the exterior with a mixture of vinegar and water.
After the cycle is completed, clean the detergent, bleach, and fabric softener dispensers with the same mixture.
Clean drum after running the vinegar through the hottest cycle.
If possible, clean the chemical dispensers while the washer is running.
It is a good idea to clean the rim and door/lid of any grime.
HomeSpot HQ

• Donna Hallowell

this works awesome, every house person has to try it.

• Kiki Cilia Krzywicki

Front loaders clean by centrifugal force and that's why it doesn't use a lot of water. The water is forced through the clothes.You need to leave the door open enough for the glass to leave a slight opening so mildew won't form. I just swipe it( the glass & the rubber ring ) with a paper towel that has a little bleach or vinegar . Most front end loaders have a clean cycle . I put some vinegar in all the dispensers and put it on clean cycle. My machine has a steel drum so there is no real build up, but the vinegar freshens up dispensers by cleaning away the residue from the detergent.