Cecilia Bramhall
Cecilia Bramhall
  • Pflugerville, TX

Refreshed Christmas Reindeer

I was gifted some Christmas Yard Reindeer by my middle sister. The lights no longer worked and the deer were starting to rust. They sat in my backyard for a couple more years while I figured out what to do with them.
refreshed christmas reindeer, christmas decorations, seasonal holiday decor
Two reindeer that need some love!
Hanging out in the flowerbed while I ponder what to do with them.
I clipped off the lights. You can see how the joints are starting to rust. I spray painted them with white primer.
Finally, inspiration! After wiring the pieces together, I started wrapping and hot gluing the sisal rope on.
Finally got one done! Now to do the other one but I need more sisal!
Cecilia Bramhall

• Angel

That's a pretty creative solution. I wonder what it would look like if you spray painted it afterward?

• Kim 'Kiewatt' Waknitz

Just wondering, but won't they rot and rust faster with them being covered. How will they withstand the weather?

• Taffetal

Cecilia - your B.C. is gorgeous. Do you breed? This is off the point of Hometalk, but I couldn't help asking. I'm looking for another B.C. as I lost my male to an injury last year. But he was special and I am looking for a very special dog to replace him. Thanks for an answer.

• Cherie

@Taffetal Please, please, please!!! - If Canada is anything like the US, there should be lots of them in shelters or with rescue groups!!! Adopt, don't shop!!!!

• Just gorgeous!!! They look so modern and rustic now!!

• Sue wickens

I like what you have done with them, especially if you want to keep them for all seasons! When mine started to get rusty like yours, I sprayed with Rustoleum, then bought new lights. It was time-consuming to get the lights properly spaced, but they look like new!