How To Make Homemade Goo Gone

Recycled glass jars and bottles can be put to lots of good use around the house for storage or decorating. The most challenging part of recycling glass jars, however, can be getting the label completely off with no traces of the sticky gunk left behind. In the past I've used a product called Goo Gone for this job and it's always worked well. But guess what? You can make your own Goo Gone by simply combining vegetable oil and baking soda. I tested it out on a couple little glass jars and it really does work! You can click on the link below to read the complete instructions.
BEFORE - these labels were not coming off easily
I mixed up some homemade Goo Gone with vegetable oil and baking soda
AFTER - I was able to get my recycled bottles nice and clean!
2 easy ingredients
2 easy ingredients
Bev @ The Make Your Own Zone

• Har12432688

How much corn oil and baking soda

• Dolores Dee Hughes

Have you noticed that Goo Gone has I believe a orange or lemon smell? The citrus in oranges & lemons also helps resolve the glue. I believe that you would have to soak the peels in the oil for two days to get the citrus oil out of the peels. You should try it & see if it makes less scrubbing.
    • That's a good idea Dolores! I think some people add orange essential oils to homemade goo gone mixtures sometimes too for that same purpose. But I've had great success with just oil and baking soda too.
    • Tex3603409

Yeah! It doesn't work!

• Diane Taylor Noel

I made this and it works well. I did not like the idea of using WD-40, so I went with something more natural. Works well and I can keep I think in a jar under my sink.

• Leslie

We need to remove old reflective window film from a sliding glass door. This will be a huge help! Thank you!