How to Make Wood Slice Snowmen Ornaments

It seems like everyone wants to have a rustic Christmas this year. Wood slice crafts are all the rage. And this little snowman ornament is so easy to make, it's a great craft to make with children!
If you don't have access to fresh wood slices, no worries. All the craft stores sell them -- I bought a bag with multiple sizes for $3.00 at Michael's.
First thing I did was determine what pieces to use for the "head" and "body". Then I drilled a hole at the top of the "head" piece -- selecting a bit just large enough for string to fit through.
Break a craft stick in half, gluing it to the back of the snowman -- making sure to overlap it's head and body. (I used wood glue, but I would imagine any glue would work.)
Once everything was dry, I "painted" on some craft glue and sprinkled glitter over the entire snowman, shaking off any excess glitter.
Using any old fabric scrap, felt, ribbon, etc., give your snowman a scarf! Then thread a ribbon through the hole -- with the assistance of a toothpick if need be.
Your sweet snowman are now ready to be hung or given as gifts.
I think the look pretty cute hanging from our Christmas stockings!
Minus the drilling, this is a fun little project for the Kiddos .... and if you can't find wood slices, Fun Foam could also be used.

Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Cynthia - Clockworkinteriors

• Robin Rampani
    Robin Rampani

what did the back look like ? do you cover the stick to connect?

• Donna Rainey
      Donna Rainey

If you make these with several children you could write the crafters name and year on the popsicle stick!

• Mom4959990
    Mom4959990

What kind of glitter is that? The brand and is it from Michaels too?

• Anna
    Anna

How do I prep the wood slices if I make them myself?