Need for Privacy

$6.00

I have French doors off my master bedroom that look out over a public golf course I was in need of privacy but didn't want to block the light. I tried using curtain panels but the got in the way every time I opened and closed the doors.
Before. I saw where you can add fabric to walls using liquid starch. Its not permanent and washes up using soap and water. So why not windows!
Finding liquid starch was a problem. Guess what you can make you own. The formula is 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water. Mix and add 1 1/2 cups HOT water.
The after! I used less than 1 yard lace fabric at a cost of $5 per yard. The cornstarch was a $1.
1st I cut the fabric to fit the panels. 2nd mixed up my starch mixture. Use a brush to paint starch on window be generous. Then lay on your fabric. Then add more starch on top of fabric with brush. Use a credit card, fingers to position. Let dry!
The 2 tablespoons of corn starch will dry clear. I used 4 tablespoons of cornstarch and my Windows are more opaque.
I left the top and bottoms panes alone for a reason. This way my dog and I can still look out. I love the look! It reminds me of the old dressing screens you see in the movies!
Give it a try! It's fun, easy and priced right!

25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Perfectly Round Tables
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes

• Andrea Hansen-Alexander

I live in high humidity - Trinidad & Tobago - would the starch get moist in the high humidity? Inside the house is generally 75% humidity reading (no air conditioning), but do have lots of fans. I'm worried that if I did this it would just slide off the windows...into a pile of mess on the floors. Any ideas, people? Thanks.
    • Cindy Platt Hanlon

You might try using Elmers school glue. It is still water solouble and will clean up easily. I would not use it full strength because that would be too thick. Maybe start with a ratio of 1.5 cups water to 1 cup glue. If that's doesn't work, then add more glue to the water. I can't say this will work because I haven't tried it, but it was something I was considering when I was not able to find liquid starch.
  • Aba28045031

how easy is it to remove?
    • J

Spray fabric with warm water and peel off wall. Then use soapy warm water to wash off walls.

• Kimber Anne Phelps

I wonder how this would hold up in a steamy bathroom?

• Cindy Platt Hanlon

Doing this may not be the best option in the long run. It might work in the beginning, but you may have to keep touching it up with the corn starch mixture.