Repurposed Salt and Pepper Snowpeople Ornaments

Whenever I see those small glass salt and pepper sets at the thrift stores I always pick them up. They're usually 50 cents or $1 and they can be repurposed in so many ways.
repurposed salt and pepper snowpeople ornaments, christmas decorations, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
Like these snow people ornaments.
I started with some thrifted $1 sets of glass salt and peppers. I used the taller set in the back for another project that hasn't been posted here yet.
I used the set with the larger opening as the bottoms and glued the slightly smaller set on top with Marine Goop adhesive. This left a perfect place around the middle for adding scarves later.
They're kinda starting to look like snow people now.
No self respecting snow person can go without a hat so I glued two of the lids from the larger set on as hats as well as the one glass jam server lid.
Now they're starting to look a little more like snow people, but they're very plain and boring.
So I went into my stash of thrifted craft supplies and decorated them with what I could find... bits and bobs of thrifted ribbons, faux rhinestones, a gold tone link necklace that I took apart.
I wrapped some jute twine around where their hats meets their heads and tied in a loop. The twine gets hidden by the hat embellishments.
Now they look very festive and fun loving. Just the kind of snow people I'd like to hang out with if I was a snow lady.

Tuula @ Color Me Thrifty