Upcycling an Old Spa Into a Fishpond/Fountain

I wanted a Fishpond in the garden but decent size ones are really expensive -- so time for a bit more upcycling!!! I didn't take too many pics (doh!)
Edited with added night pic
I started with this Ugly as Sin spa pool, another TradeMe bargain at $20, was very heavy and had a bit of a disaster when it fell off the trailer 5km from home when a ratchet strap broke, but all the bits i needed were undamaged. Wifey wasn't impressed (more junk!!) - It takes about 1000 litres of water.
I stripped off all the fittings and blocked all the holes with expanding foam and 2 part epoxy.
Then I dug a big hole...
I put the pool in the hole and leveled it (took several attempts). If you don't get it level it will look awful. At this point I also put in electrics for the pump.
Bit of a jump now! So put wire rebar mesh over the top and bricked around it (lots of brick cutting).
I made the fountain from tiles on a wood frame and filled with expanding foam - the tiles were free end of line from a tile warehouse scrap bin.
I had the rebar and bricks left over from the house build.
The sun tile at the front was given to me by my dad who passed away shortly before I built this.
Put in a pump with UV light on it and added plants (the pots are zip tied to the rebar to allow decent growth)
I added 10 goldfish and some solar lights, and here it is finished job. (And the wife is a lot happier with it now!!)
Added a night picture - unfortunately one of the lights needs repairing, plants have grown a bit too!

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018

• Dka27519972

Is that the recirculating pump in the middle? Is there another way to do this without it? You have done a great job with this, but the tower in the middle spoils the view, in my opinion.

• just wondering why the rebar across the top of the pond?? I have had

trouble with the neighbors dog going for a dunk but the most heart breaking was

when I came out and found my fish that were 3 years old had become snacks

to a coon.

• Lisa O'Brien

How do you replace the pump? Sometimes they stop working.

• Stephen Taylor

the pump just sits in the bottom of the spa and is attached thru the pillar via a hose, there is also a cutout in the rebar to remove the pump to clean its foam filter

• Linda Abate

This is such a wonderful way to repurpose an old spa tub. It is such a great way to dress up a yard. Adding a water feature to this is so relaxing to sit around with a good book, good friends and having fish in it also gives you something to enjoy watching. LOVE IT.

• Barbars

Great