Carolyn ~ homework
Carolyn ~ homework
  • Los Angeles, CA

A Butterfly Feeder Jar

Make a butterfly feeder jar just in time for spring. Use an old jar or jug with a tight fitting lid. Embellish the jar with glass paints and stencils. Make a hole in the jar lid with a drill or nail and thread strings, a piece of fabric or sponge through the hole. Fill the jar with sugar water, add the lid and hang upside down. Butterflies will soon be stopping by for a sip of nectar. Decor
Paint an old jar or jug with glass paints.
Create a hanger with string
Create a hanger with string
Use string, fabric or a piece of sponge inserted into the lid through a small hole.
Fill with sugar water and hang upside down.
Carolyn ~ homework

• Jude

That is so pretty! Where is the best place to hang it to attract the butterflies?
  • Carol Cole

wouldn't it draw ants.?

• SM

I have had trouble with ants at my humming bird feeders. For various reasons the water moats are not working. I put Vaseline on all of their access points. They do not get too far.

• Carol Cole

OK

• Donna

What keeps the sugar water from dripping out onto the ground?

• Dykaren

That's adorable!
  • Rita

Plant dill for swallow tail butterflies! Just plant a lot of plants the larva are unbelievable eaters! Later I saw the mature blue swallow tails flying around! This year l'm going to plant dill and Mexican sunflowers every where on my 3 areas! I spent hours watching them grow and change!