She Cut an Oak Stair Tread and Made THIS!

I got one of these as a gift and it is one of my most-used kitchen tools. When I found out it was a DIY, I asked for all the details! Here is how you can make your own gorgeous, oversized cutting board from an unfinished oak step.
What you will need for this project:
A new, unfinished oak tread
Butcher block conditioner (food grade)
4 vinyl bumpers
Sandpaper
Non-toxic paint
Foam paint roller
I love the guys at my local Home Depot!
Ask your local home improvement store to cut the oak tread into three even pieces before you buy it. They are happy to do it! I do this for pretty much all the wood working projects I do and it makes it so much easier to get things home in the car and get my project started!
Use medium to fine grit sandpaper to smooth.
Step 1: Sand the cut board until there are no rough areas. Sand the top, bottom, and all the sides. If there are markings or stamps anywhere on the edge, do your best to sand those off. Wipe excess dust with a paper towel before moving on to the next step.
Put paint on a paper plate and load roller.
Step 2: Paint all three flat edges of the cut oak board. Leave the top free of decoration. That part will be in contact with food and cooking tools.
Vinyl bumpers make perfect feet!
Step 3: Apply a vinyl bumper to each of the four corners for the bottom of the board. This makes sure the cutting board will be steady and stand evenly on a counter when people use it.
Step 4: Warm the butcher block conditioner in the microwave and apply 3 - 4 coats of it to your unfinished board.
Keep one and give the other two! To clean and care for this cutting board, simply wipe clean after use and condition regularly to keep the wood in good shape and prevent cracking. To see a detailed tutorial of this whole project, check out the full post on Craft Weekly.

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Molly from Craft Weekly