Mommy is coocoo
Mommy is coocoo
  • Oklahoma City, OK

How to make a Vertical Garden from a Pallet

$50

I have lots of with this vertical garden! I am so excited to show you this beautiful vertical garden made from a pallet (a pallet that was someone's trash)! See my step-by-step tutorial. A pallet vertical garden is an inexpensive way to create a lovely and unique focal point for your outdoor space and you don't need a lot of stuff to make one.
Turning a pallet into a vertical garden is an inexpensive way to create something unique and beautiful for your yard.
This pallet (found on big trash day) was cut down four planks on the front and two on the back and then painted blue.
Landscape fabric (which can be purchased at most hardware stores) was attached to the back and bottom of the pallet with a staple gun.
Potting soil was added in between the pallet planks and at the top, filling the pallet completely.
A variety of plants were added to this vertical garden.  Succulents are a great choice and the petunias on top create a beautiful waterfall effect.
A variety of plants were added to this vertical garden. Succulents are a great choice and the petunias on top create a beautiful waterfall effect.
More is better for this vertical garden and plants were placed relatively close together.

Mommy is coocoo

• Mze381828

How did you attach the pallet to the wall?

• Dan

We didn't..

We've just pressed the antigravity button, every newer pallet (after 2015) has it..mostly on the 1st floor of the left corner, little above 2 inches to the center of the pallet.. Take a look at it, you can't miss it.

It is also a windproof..so you can put it to stand almost anywhere.

It's so easy breezy.. Just press The button 👍👌😘

• Lora Carteaux

I wonder if herbs would do well vertically..... I might just give it that a try.

• Anne-Maree

@Mommy is coocoo I read a while ago that you have to be careful if you use these pallets for edibles b/c many have been sprayed with some kind of chemical. A special stamp will tell you if they are safe but I can't remember what the stamp was, unfortunately.

• Denise

You can also make vertical gardens out of bed box springs, using the same steps. It can be as big or small as you want. Use a full one for a true "wall o'flowers"! Big impact!