Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
  • Virginia Beach, VA

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint....It's Not Just For Furniture

I love and use ASCP all the time. I use it quite often when repainting furniture for my home and for the shop but have also used it on so many other things! I've gone through my home and pulled some of the things I've painted and showcased them in the post.
Come take a look!
chalkpaint find
A collage of the many things I've painted with chalk paint!
Even glass! Transform an old gin bottle into decorative home decor.
Yes, metal too. I've painted several metal trays with chalk paint.
Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule

• Patty paad

Can CP be used on kitchen floors. It think they are tiles.

• Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule

@Patty paad I haven't done it myself but I've seen others that have with good luck. Annie Sloan has a laquer that you would use as a sealer in that instance.

• Tima

Hi I need tips. I painted glass jar with ASCP but when i try to apply secind coat I rubbed off the paint with the brush and also ibthink that i cant scratch rhe paint by nail after waxing but i did. Where i madr mistakes?? Thank you

• Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule

@ Yes, you do need to take care when applying a second coat to something slick like glass. In effect, what you are doing is re-wetting the first coat, or paint underneath, so need to have a light hand when applying subsequent coats of paint. No worries, just go over it again. When you wax, be sure to get it down into the paint well. The wax does need time to cure. It's not impervious to scratching completely, however. But it does hold up very well in my experience! If you have scratches, you can paint right over the wax (only with Chalk Paint, it will adhere to the wax coat, other paints won't) and start again, Re-wax to seal. Buff well and let it cure. Hope that helps!