My Solution to a Very "Crummy" Situation!

We all have toasters, right? Then we are all dealing with the annoying crumbs that escape from the bottom of those toasters....right?
With a few scraps of wood, glue and nails, I have fixed my problem! I made a simple toaster tray to "catch my crumbs"! And let me tell you, it has been wonderful! NO MORE CRUMBS EVERYWHERE!!!
Check out my tutorial, and rid your life, counter, cupboard, whatever...of crumbs!
my solution to a very crumby situation, cleaning tips, I measured my toaster and cut bottom piece about 1 2 inch bigger on all sides Then I cut 1x2 s for side pieces
I measured my toaster and cut bottom piece about 1/2 inch bigger on all sides. Then I cut 1x2's for side pieces.
my solution to a very crumby situation, cleaning tips, After sanding I glued and nailed the whole thing together
After sanding, I glued and nailed the whole thing together.
my solution to a very crumby situation, cleaning tips, I stained it a dark walnut and used an old dog toy strap for handles They were nailed on using upholstery tacks
I stained it a dark walnut and used an old dog toy strap for handles. They were nailed on using upholstery tacks.
It works awesome, and no more crumbs! Check out my blog for more details!
Mindi @ MyLove2Create.com

• Hazel Vargas

I use a half-size cookie tray -- perfect size and no need to build anything! Find them at your Ross or Homegoods or TJMaxx or Tuesday Morning for 50% off retail. Then, when cookie baking calls, you have one ready! I stack 2 of them together so both trays are handy.

• Elaine Simmons

I use a plastic one that fits my toaster perfectly. Sure does save a lot of time........when the tray gets a lot of crumbs on it, I just take it to the trash can and dump.