Mary Insana
Mary Insana
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Asked on Mar 21, 2013

New Format?

Lynn KingMary InsanaYair Spolter
+15

Is it me or is there a new format here at Hometalk? I usually click on the right where it said RECENT and POPULAR and now that's gone.. I like to just see what everyone is doing and not necessarily look at certain topics. Sometime I find the best ideas when I just look around.
So, is it me or did the format change?
q new format
  • Miriam I

Hi Mary, yes, there was a change this morning. The new and recent will be back soon! Sorry for the inconvenience. Meanwhile, if you bookmark this link, you can use it to sort by new: http://www.hometalk.com/?sort=new

• Mary Insana

Thanks....I though I was missing something....my mind :)

• Miriam I

LOL. Nope! You're good!

• Mary Insana

Ok, so I went to the link you sent and I still don't know where to find the new posts :(

• Elyse

the new posts automatically appear when you click on that link mary..if you look at the link she provided it says "sort new"..so its telling the webpage to sort the posts by new..all you have to do is scroll, the newest posts appear at the top of the page

• Mary Insana

ok thanks, :)

• Gail Salminen

@Miriam I , @Yair Spolter I went to questions at the top bar and came here. I was trying to make a post but now can't figure it out :P Do we have to wait for the new recent to be back. I guess in the mean time I will save it in a draft e-mail, until I figure out how to post.

• Mary Insana

Gail Salminen so I'm not the only one that is going to lay low until the POPULAR and RECENT selections are back :) See you in a couple of days

• Miriam I

@Gail Salminen the posting box is in the exact same place- upper right hand corner of the page. Do you not see it?

• Gail Salminen

of that - about, community and professionals then on the bar below that - Following Posts by Topic Questions Clips Next line down is my pic, name and location, comment, followers likes and shares The rest is the same - not sure what is happening, I did triple check but it doesn't appear to be there. I have saved all that I want to post in a draft e-mail, so it isn't a problem, I know you guys work quickly and you all still have lives outside of HT (I hope). Thanks for the response.

• Gail Salminen

@Mary I. apparently it is a glitch, but I have never known any forum to be as responsive as HT for technical difficulties. I have been receiving recent updates to posts and if click on hometalk logo at the top, it brings me to the new posts, and as I said the notifications menu located in the dop down menu under your name is working, so I am not out of touch and when I clip it goes to my boards, so it is not all bad. I'll see you then, but don't think I can stay off this site LOL

• Gail Salminen

@Miriam I and @Yair Spolter I went back and explored more closely and started clicking buttons. I remembered the post/ask as something different, but clicked on it and there it all was :P Haven't posted in a while so confusion ensued. All is well - go back to your evening wine, I hope, and have a great evening :) I am about to make a post.

• Miriam I

Oh, good! Glad it worked out, :) Back to my evening wine then, lol!

• Becky (J) P

I, too, like the "recent" tab. Haven't been on too much in the past few days because I wasn't sure how to go back to the format I was used to.

• Yair Spolter

Hi everyone. We're happy to announce that the RECENT|POPULAR filter is back! (by popular demand :-) ) Thanks so much for your feedback!

• Mary Insana

yeah !

• Lynn King

How do I find the all topics button. I love that one!!