I am trying to find a way to connect my gate to my brick house without the weight of it pulling the 4x4 out of the house

+8
A few years ago, I built me a wooden gate (see pictures), and on one side, the gate was connected to a 4x4 that was connected to the side of my brick house. I used cement screws to drive in the mortar/cement between the bricks, but over time, the weight of the gate has pulled the screws out of the cement between the bricks. I have bought me a white German Shepherd pup, and now I need to get my gate back up so she won't get out of my back yard, but I've not found a good way to keep the screws in the cement. I know there are anchors to drive in, but I'm not sure what is the right type to get. I'm sure there is a correct way to mount a 4x4 to the side of a brick house. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.
q i am trying to find a way to connect my gate to my brick house without the weight of, curb appeal, fences, This is when I first built my gate
This is when I first built my gate.
q i am trying to find a way to connect my gate to my brick house without the weight of, curb appeal, fences, The gap without 1 2 of my gate Pup can get out easily
The gap without 1/2 of my gate. Pup can get out easily.
q i am trying to find a way to connect my gate to my brick house without the weight of, curb appeal, fences, The gate I need to put back up
The gate I need to put back up.
q i am trying to find a way to connect my gate to my brick house without the weight of, curb appeal, fences, You can see the 4x4 leaning against the house and the holes where the cement screws were driven in in the beginning
You can see the 4x4 leaning against the house, and the holes where the cement screws were driven in in the beginning.