Trying to Graft My Rose Bush

Well, I purchased a mixed graft rose plant and decided to research how it was done. I've found this easy video on how to graft roses so, I am giving it a try. On two, I left a rose on the stem and the other two without the rose to see what they do out of curiosity. If you have done this before, please share your tips and advice...thanks!

• Catherine Smith

I've done this successfully with fruit trees, but haven't as yet tried this with roses. Ah yes, another project. LOL

• Sal kemple

I'm a volunteer for my parks in my area and sometimes I carry a pocket knife and when I go through their gardens if I see a rose that catches my eye, I clip off an unneeded branch (one that has no blooms) trim it down to 4- 6 inches making sure to leave one of the small 5 leaf sprouts in the center of this twig and take it home and plant it lying it lengthwise on the ground. When I mow the grass I give this cutting a blanket of a few inches of grass and within a few weeks I have a new start popping out of the ground. Simple.