Asked on Jan 3, 2012

We are in need of someone to take a look at the trees around our house and make recs on which ones need to be removed.

Onebark Consulting ArboristFlowerscapes Garden Design & LandscapingStraight Nails Construction


Thank you for any recs you can send our way!
11 answers
  • Erica Glasener
    on Jan 3, 2012

    For a consultation, Arborguard Tree Specialists or Bartlett Tree Service is a good choice. Even if you hire someone else to remove trees, you want to have a consult with someone that knows what types of trees you have and can tell you if they are healthy or not. I paid about $300.00 when I first purchased my home about 6 years ago, I had a mature oak that was leaning over a new roof, they took a core drill and were able to determine that the tree had an 85% loss of strength. Based on this I had it removed.

  • Douglas Hunt
    on Jan 3, 2012

    I think it definitely pays to go with a pro when it comes to trees. I am going to bring in someone certified by the ISA (International Society of Arboriculture) for a consultation this spring as my house had been a rental for 15 years before I bought it and nothing, trees included, got any attention during that time.

  • Amy do a search her on HT, the search bar is the topmost of the page. Search by Landscapers.

  • Belco Electric
    on Jan 3, 2012

    I personally know Todd Chapman, owner of Chapman's Tree Service. He is a certified arborist and also has all of the equipment needed to remove any tree, any size. A great guy & a great company. You can look him up on-line or I can give you his info.

  • Erica Glasener
    on Jan 3, 2012

    A certified Arborist is the way to go whether you use Chapmans, Arborguard or another like it.

  • Southern Trillium LLC
    on Jan 3, 2012

    We have gotten to know Bob Rozar who owns Summit Lawn Works Tree Division. Bob is an ISA certified arborist. Bob has removed trees for several of our clients and he and his crew have done a fantastic job. We watched them remove many large, mature trees from one yard that Bob referred to as a Botanical Garden. They did not damage a single plant and when they finished, you could hardly tell they were ever there. Phone number is 404-275-9221. Also, there is a consulting arborist that we have referred over the years that clients have been very happy with. The company is OneBark. They are certified arborists and will provide a full assessment of your trees. If you are worried about someone selling you on a tree removal, you can rest assured as OneBark does not do the tree work, but you are instead paying for their expertise and then based on their recommendations, you can then shop for quotes and find a proper tree company to perform the recommended work. Here is the info for OneBark

  • Carole
    on Jan 6, 2012

    We recently had 5 large oaks and a maple trimmed. The first think that we did was to contact our county extension office, and arborist from the extension office came out and advised us at to what needed to be done. Then we contacted 3 tree service companies with arborist and had them come out. We compared what they were saying to what the Arborist from the extension office recommended. The company that we used was Tree Works Unlimited, 770-363-7506, they climb the tree with ropes to cut not with spikesor bucket truck. We are very happy with what was done. This company was not the cheapest but they seemed to have the best recommendation for our trees.

  • Mike and Anne
    on Jan 6, 2012

    We have used Bartlett Tree Experts services and they have sponsored our show for years. I would high recommend them.

  • Yellow ribbon..... ask for Gary. (owner)

  • Van Moore. He is a certified arborist and used to also be the aborist for my Master Gardener group at the Forsyht County Extension office. This office, and most likely others have, a list og highly qualifies certified arborists. If there is one on staff, the visit is free.

  • Onebark Consulting Arborist
    on May 11, 2012

    Thanks for the referral, Southern Trillium!

Your comment...