Beth McCurdy
Beth McCurdy
  • Dacula, GA
Asked on Mar 24, 2013

Why is everything "white"?

Jeanette SSandy GJeanine Wester
+3

I don't have a decorating blog but my passion is decorating, DIY, and painting. It seems that when I look around on Pinterest, the majority of the photos are with cream and white decor, specifically the upholstered furniture. I LOVE this look but it seems a little unpractical for those of us with kids. Just curious what your thoughts are.
  • Sandy G

I'm in love with white.. my home and all furnishings are white! It's a trend and hopefully it will stay? My grandkids come over all the time and not a spot on my white rugs or furniture. Maybe they appreciate it too....

• Decor 8

While I love the white/cream trend, I do agree that it is not very practical for most. Sandy G, I envy you being able to keep it looking beautiful.

• Beth McCurdy

I guess white/cream is timeless but it just seems to be everywhere right now so trendy. I prefer neutral colors in general but there is no way that I'd be able to keep white clean without looking dingy so it seems a bit unrealistic.

• Jeanine Wester

I guess if I could decorate I would do white too but only the hard surfaces that are easy to clean. Probably no white chair covers, rugs, or pillows. Although it looks beautiful!

• Sandy G

I made my own slipcovers with Paint drops from the HD... they turned out beautiful after I put the fabric in hot water with bleach before cutting and sewing... this way it all go's in the wash with no stains.. it's been a year now and so far so good!

• Jeanette S

I LOVE color...can't live in just white! Red, golds, cranberry, etc.! Gotta have me some color! I want comfy and cozy!