Donna McCrummen
Donna McCrummen
  • Bernardsville, NJ
Asked on Jan 3, 2012

New Years Resolution...better sleep. I'm looking at latex mattresses. Any experience out there?

Wanda sinnemaBernice HDonna McCrummen
+10

• Rule4 Building Group

My husband and I have slept on a latex mattress for 15 years, we received it as a wedding present. Comfortable, supportive for lower back pain, no turning, lasts for 25 years, the benefits are endless. They are a little more expensive than sprung mattresses, but worth every penny.

• Donna McCrummen

Thanks Rule4 I'm wondering if I should get a new box spring too.

• Rule4 Building Group

We have ours on a slatted pine slay bed - another good reason for a latex, you can put it on anything and you're certainly not restricted by box spring. It's Allison by the way, working for Rule4 but loving hometalk from a professional and personal point of view!

• Donna McCrummen

Thank you again Allison. I have a two piece king box spring. I think I'll just go ahead and buy just the mattress. What brand is yours? Do you have to flip it over?

• Rule4 Building Group

Dunlopillo - actually bought from the UK (I'm British!) but you can get them in the US as well. Never flip it - you don't need to. http://www.dunlopillo.co.uk/

• Designs by BSB

I've had a Sleep Number bed for 10 years.. love love it.

• Kit K

I also have a sleep number bed. It has it's ups and downs , but for the most part I like it.

• KMS Woodworks

I'm on a dense older futon....those squishy beds do not work for me...my partner on the other hand needs something softer. She currently has 3" of memory foam on her side of the bed. Now that the Holiday guests are gone we might bring up the mattress from the guest room...and give it a try for a bit.

• Donna McCrummen

KMS I'm sure a futon would be much worse. I'm a side sleeper - my arm, shoulder and hip hurt all day at this point. Sad thing is our mattress is only 6 years old.

• Bernice H

Donna did you decide what to do yet? I posted on mattresses, an update, I included a link you may find very helpful. tp://forums.consumerreports.org/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=cr-mattresses&tid=5 Go to last page and start reading there. Consumer Report didnt have much info but the posters did!

• Bernice H

BTW Hubs loves his side..of the latex! So what's wrong with this picture?

• Wanda sinnema

I LOVE my sleep number..... wouldn't change it for anything.. queen has 2 remotes,, on occassion I have to pump it up and the lower the softness again.. the heavy part of your body seems to push the air to you feet a bit.. its a push of the button for a few secs and you are done..