Joyce Jones
Joyce Jones
  • Waltham, MA
Asked on Mar 24, 2013

How can I fix my crank out window?

Marsha JHamtil Construction LLCWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com

How can I fit the shoe on top of the arm for my window operator back into the channel so that it will work to open and close the window when the handle is turned?
  • Joyce check out this link on fixing crank out windows. If you can take a photo and post it so we can get a better idea of what your issue is perhaps we can provide you with a better response to your question. Not sure exactly what you mean by the operator back into the channel? http://www.allaboutdoors.com/article_info.php?articles_id=102

• Hamtil Construction LLC

Agree, photos would be helpful. One quick point to mention is that with casement windows there are not a lot of parts you can easily disassemble. The handle will come off if the small set screw at the base comes loose. There is usually a cover that slips on first, then the handle will slip on next. Perhaps the set screw is part of your issue?

• Marsha J

I am going to have to submit a photo too. the crank doesn't work, and it's a 2nd story bathroom window. I have yanked it shut with a coat hanger and it's still stuck in the window!! LOL. Trashy, but keeps it closed.\