Easy DIY Sun Catchers

You will be surprised at how simple this sun catcher project is! In fact, it is a great project for the kids! Even small children will be entertained for an afternoon and the results are just beautiful!
I used assorted colored glass cabochons (I found mine at Walmart in the floral section).
I saved most of my lids from butter and yogurt containers for this project. To begin, simply pour some clear glue into the lid and spread throughout the whole lid.
Place the glass cabochons into the glue, filling the lid with color in any design or pattern you like. Finish by adding more glue on top of the glass.
Set them aside to dry. It will take about two days for them to dry enough to do anything with. At that point, peel them out of the plastic lids, turn them over and give them a few more hours to dry out completely. Use scissors to punch a hole through the glue in the top center of the sun catcher. String fishing line through the hole and hang in the nearest window. EDITED: The glue used in this project is Elmers water soluable school glue. It will not hold up in the rain. This project is not meant for outdoors! It will do well in a sunny window inside however. It was meant as a kids craft which is why I used that type of glue. If you want something for outdoors, you could possibly upgrade to a different type of glue. See the link below for lots more fun projects!
Hang them from a window using suction cups, and they will brighten up your room.

Susan Myers

• Terri oleary

Can we use School glue

• Joanne Hallis

What other glue can you use to make it useable outside? I love the idea and want to put it out side.

• Tracy Simpson

You could try gluing them to a round (or whatever shape) piece of clear plexiglass using the glue adhesive E6000. Walmart, Lowe's, Hobby Lobby, and others carry 3 oz. tubes of it for best pricing. Do not look in the craft section, rather go to Hardware section near other adhesives like Gorilla glue.

• Patricia

Could you use tackyglue