GranArt
GranArt
  • Granbury, TX

Painted Clay Pots by GranArt

These are a few of the clay pots I have painted recently. I painted on a few pots last year with great detail to find after the last cold-snap the enamel paint I used just did not work. I have painted with enamels for years and never have they cracked and peeled until I used them on clay pots. Of course we must consider the climate changes and moisture but I must say I was a bit surprised to see my art work peeling away. This year I primed the pots, and I allowed them to cure for a couple of weeks before I added the plants. Here are a few pics of the new "jungle" theme pots and if you look close you can see some of the pots from last year that just didn't make it. Hopefully the new ones will and if not, we will try another way. PS: the older I've become the more I love bright, bold COLORS! :) Update: I have discovered if I paint the pots with enamel paint and let them sit empty in the Texas sun for a week, then fill them with potting soil and plant, the paint sets up well and does not peel or crack. YEA!!!
painted clay pots, container gardening, crafts, gardening, painting
Big Blue Painted Clay Pot by GranArt
Mixed Design Painted Clay Pot by GranArt
Mix Design Painted Clay Pot by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Outside Containers by GranArt
Painted Outside Containers by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots & Herb Sign by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by Gran Art
Painted Clay Pots by Gran Art
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Painted Clay Pots by GranArt
Jungle Theme Painted Clay Pots by GranArt

• Tex21773744

I would love to try these and maybe get our club to make some to sell for our scholarships this next May. What is the best paint to use for outside?
  • Diane

I would like to do the "Big Blue" painted pot as a project with my seven sisters and seven niece's at a family get together in March. Can you please walk me through the steps? All of your work is absolutely beautiful! Thanks, Diane

• Linda B

I love that encouragement. So far I haven't found anything (well, within the physical limitations that come with being 5'1" and smallish) that I cannot do if I set my mind to it. You may not have lit a bright fire within me yet, but I think you at least struck a match!

• GranArt

@Linda B COOL! go for it. You can always email me and I can walk you through the steps.

• Barbara Baker

Probably