Plastic Plate Wall Hack

What's the worst part about a plate wall? All those holes in the wall! Why not hang plastic plates using Command Strips instead? I bought all these plastic plates at Target (with the exception of one - can you guess which?) on sale for about $2 each. Then, I hung them using the Velcro Command Strips and was able to switch the plates up as much as I wanted. The whole project took less than 10 minutes and cost less than $35! Best. Project. Ever.
Plastic Plates add a pop a color for low cost!
Bought all the plastic plates at Target for about $2 each, plus the glass bird plate from Pier1 - it was too cute to pass up!
I first, arranged them on the floor to figure out the placing, and took iPhone pictures, so I could remember! haha To quickly hang the plates, I used Velcro Command Strips. It allowed me to place the plates quickly but also rearrange them, as needed.

Jocie@OneProjectCloser

• Nla28893818

How u fix plastic plates to wall clearly
  • Theresa

Have u ever tried hanging china plates with Command Strips?

• Teri Layman

Just did a dining room wall with blue willow plates found at thrift stores!

• Courtney Farmer

Do you know by chance if the velcro idea is ok for regular plates? I've got a plate collection & am wanting to do this exact thing with it...only thing is the plate holders. Those are so expensive from what I've found & I've not been able to find any at thrift stores. Most of my plates were family pass downs so I'm cautious with them & trying the whole velcro command strip idea. I've thought of it multiple times as the way to go but I'm not wanting to break any of these plates since they are from family. I just dont trust gravity taking that into consideration when it wants to kick in after I put it on the wall. If you think or know how well this will work w regular glass n porcelain plates & can give me some tips I greatly appreciate it. I've loved this idea its just something I'm so cautious about. Heirlooms are lil tricky when wanting to do nifty tricks lol

• Teri Layman

You can get command strip for different weights! The lightest I found were 4 lbs. did them all with those!

• Karen Hobbs

My walls are painted concrete. any hangers i have stuck on the walls have just come down. any ideas, other than drilling holes?

• Lori

I absolutely LOVE this!! ❤️❤️