Plastic Plate Wall Hack

What's the worst part about a plate wall? All those holes in the wall! Why not hang plastic plates using Command Strips instead? I bought all these plastic plates at Target (with the exception of one - can you guess which?) on sale for about $2 each. Then, I hung them using the Velcro Command Strips and was able to switch the plates up as much as I wanted. The whole project took less than 10 minutes and cost less than $35! Best. Project. Ever.
plastic plate wall, home decor, wall decor
plastic plate wall, home decor, wall decor, Plastic Plates add a pop a color for low cost
Plastic Plates add a pop a color for low cost!
Bought all the plastic plates at Target for about $2 each, plus the glass bird plate from Pier1 - it was too cute to pass up!
I first, arranged them on the floor to figure out the placing, and took iPhone pictures, so I could remember! haha To quickly hang the plates, I used Velcro Command Strips. It allowed me to place the plates quickly but also rearrange them, as needed.

Jocie@OneProjectCloser

• K

I'm glad I'm not the only one doing this! I have a collection of large plates/platters that I've had on the walls for years now. They're hanging using the actual plate hangers, but easy to put up/take down/rearrange if desired. Yes, it leaves holes, but they're easy to fill. If I decide I want to use one of the platters for serving (for a party), I can Remove the hanger, wash it, & it's ready to go.

...& you're in Ellicott City, very close to me! Howdy, Neighbor!

• Dori

Just a thought! I’ve always had good luck when deciding arrangements (I’ve only done picture frames) by putting down brown paper ( or newsprint), arranging my items. Then when I find arrangement I like, I mark on the paper the outline of the items, remove the items, Mark where wall hangers should go. Then tape paper to wall space where you want to hang items. With a pencil, puncture paper where hanger should be & make a mark. Remove paper from wall. Then you can install hangers exactly where you wanted your items to hang.