Jocie@OneProjectCloser
Jocie@OneProjectCloser
  • Ellicott City, MD

Plastic Plate Wall Hack

What's the worst part about a plate wall? All those holes in the wall! Why not hang plastic plates using Command Strips instead? I bought all these plastic plates at Target (with the exception of one - can you guess which?) on sale for about $2 each. Then, I hung them using the Velcro Command Strips and was able to switch the plates up as much as I wanted. The whole project took less than 10 minutes and
plastic plate wall, home decor, wall decor
plastic plate wall, home decor, wall decor, Plastic Plates add a pop a color for low cost
Plastic Plates add a pop a color for low cost!
Bought all the plastic plates at Target for about $2 each, plus the glass bird plate from Pier1 - it was too cute to pass up!
I first, arranged them on the floor to figure out the placing, and took iPhone pictures, so I could remember! haha To quickly hang the plates, I used Velcro Command Strips. It allowed me to place the plates quickly but also rearrange them, as needed.
Jocie@OneProjectCloser

• Itsmemic

are you kidding me??? THIS IS BRILLIANT !!!! I have a real OCD thing about those colorful plates..now I know what to do with them !!!! And COMMAND STRIPS??? AMAZING !!

• Stacy Young

Love this idea. I’ll be doing a plate wall in my bedroom. My plates are all real though. 😊

• Belinda Acuna

Careful using Command strips on uneven surfaces. They worked great on my smooth painted walls and smooth wood cabinets. They did not adhere well to my oak kitchen cabinets or textured walls. You might to do one as a tester first.