DIY Vertical Herb Garden Trellis Wall

Using a trellis from the hardware store and a few hanging planters, I was able to create a vertical herb and flower garden wall that provides shady seating and herbs for our summer cooking-- all in under an hour! Add in some new deck furniture and a former eyesore becomes a summer oasis for relaxing and entertaining.
Outdoor furniture (bought on sale) spruced this corner up and provided an outdoor living room for the entire family.
Herbs and flowers hang from a trellis.  With daily watering they did great in the well draining pots, plus they provided a beautiful scent and tasty ingredients for our summer cooking!
Herbs and flowers hang from a trellis. With daily watering they did great in the well draining pots, plus they provided a beautiful scent and tasty ingredients for our summer cooking!
A beautiful outdoor rug defined the space and created a great area for entertaining.
The perfect recipe for a show-stopping planter: choose a thriller, a filler, and a spiller.  Works every time.
The perfect recipe for a show-stopping planter: choose a thriller, a filler, and a spiller. Works every time.
The 'Before': a neglected trellis wall and plastic furniture were begging for a makeover.
Can you believe the transformation?  A dirty and neglected wall becomes an oasis of outdoor living; we gained a whole new outdoor living room!
Can you believe the transformation? A dirty and neglected wall becomes an oasis of outdoor living; we gained a whole new outdoor living room!
Carrie MakingLemonade

• Terry H

Thank you for this idea, and sharing with us. I'm definitely going to need this next year at our campsite.

• Pat Benson

I have an old ladder that was my Dad's. I grow beans on it...patb