Upcycled Cupboard Door Turned Clock

I'm part of a blogging group that has a monthly challenge and this month was "OLD BOOKS" or "SHEET MUSIC". So I decided to see what I could add old book pages to for added interest. I used a large square cupboard door as the canvas for it. I wanted the clock to look really old and distressed and used homemade paint and book pages to add PATINA to it.
I started with a cupboard door similar to these. I found them at an estate sale for a couple of dollars each and knew they would be perfect for becoming clocks.
Using paint recipes that I learned from the Farragoz online course, I proceeded to add layers of homemade gesso and milk paint. Using a putty knife I distressed each layer after it was dry. You could get a similar effect with layers of home made chalk paint.
I designed the clock face on my Silhouette Designer Program. You could find free clockface graphics on Pinterest to use for yourself. Projected the printed image onto the cupboard and pencilled it in.
I think they both look great on the mantle together for New Year's Eve and into the New Year. There are so many things that book pages or sheet music could embellish... hope I have inspired you to give them a try on your next project. There are more ideas on the blog...

Patina Paradise

• Jbranhgg

Thanks

• Tae

I would certainly be trying to make this, this summer! I need a massive clock on my 23ft wall