Carolyn ~ homework
Carolyn ~ homework
  • Los Angeles, CA

Paper Mache Confetti Bowl

If you're like me and save little bits of paper, this is a good way to use up some of those smaller scraps. To make a confetti bowl or confetti cups, you'll need:
Paper Scraps- 1 inch circle punch- Paper Mache Paste - Mod Podge Gloss
Punch out several circles from your paper scraps. Make or purchase paper mache paste and create your bowl using a glass bowl or vase as a form. Once completely dry,
Make a paper mache confetti bowl with small scraps of paper.
Use a bowl or other object as the form. Cover it with plastic wrap so you can remove your paper mache bowl.
Use a one inch circle punch to create the confetti
Remove the bowl and let dry. Seal with two coats of Mod Podge Gloss or similar product.
Use your bowl as a seasonal decor piece.
Make smaller confetti cups to hold treats or cupcakes.
Carolyn ~ homework

• Donna

Is it safe to put food in these bowls?

• Idr22210848

Do you dip the circle in Paper Mache Glue first or just put it on the bowl and brush the glue on?

• Wendy

I might try this with the tiny scraps of fabric that I can't bring myself to throw away! It could be a memory bowl - some are scraps from my daughters' home sewn toddler dresses.

• Nancy J. Hill

Just love it! And my husband laughs at me every time I save those 'little' scraps of paper! Wait till I make some with mine!