Cork Ball Accent Table Decor

If you're looking for things to make out of those wine corks you've collected from all that entertaining look no further than this simple wine cork craft. It's really awesome - so easy to make, a great accent piece and blends in so well with different decors
You only need lots of wine corks, a Styrofoam ball, glue gun and acrylic paint - things you probably already have on hand - making this an almost free project!
First, paint the ball a neutral color and let dry. Then glue on the corks starting in the center and then around the circumference of the Styrofoam ball. The next row should start between the corks of the first row and continue in that pattern until . . .
the ball is completely filled with corks.
I thought the ball would look striking if it were larger, so I glued more corks on top of the existing ones.
Making it look so much better!

Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Mac1718663

Can you weave small Christmas or Easter lights through them???

• Jenn Spratt

I think adding the second extended level of corks if you staggered the lengths it would add more intrest

• Gail@Purple Hues and Me

That's a great idea, but most corks are the same length and that would require cutting - and to cut cork evenly, you have to soak them first. That's a lot of work for something that started out simple to make.

• Janet Juszkiewicz Daly

Just a comment - you place the first line of corks around the circumference of the ball not the diameter. The diameter is a line that runs thru the center of the ball. I love the idea!

• Diane

I love this and I think it would make a nice Christmas tree topper! It could be painted gold or silver or left plain. Thanks for the idea! Cheers 🍷