Vintage Scarf Shatter-proof Suncatchers

How to make an unbreakable suncatcher from old scarves!
Be sure to check out my my full tutorial here for each and every step!
I just LOVE old scarves...but have a bunch that fallen prey to snags, stains, and holes. But they're so pretty that I just couldn't bear to toss them.
So I decided to upcycle the pretty parts I could salvage by creating super simple suncatchers to hang in my kitchen bay window! Step one, gather small embroidery hoops- which I almost always find at thrift stores.
Step two: separate hoops and place scarf fabric between them.
Step three: hang in the window!
I can leave these hanging in my windows (GREAT way to keep birds from flying into them!) and not worry about a certain kitty (aka, Cottonball) knocking them down and shattering on the floor. Love that!
Sadie Seasongoods

• Geraldine Pecorella

will they fade in the sun?,if so find more salvaged fabric and make some more.

• Betsy Joppe

Fabric will fade in the sun. There is no getting around it. Enjoy for the time being and then change it out!!!

• Terri

Hi I have a beautiful silk scafr that is in excellent condition and I would love to be able to display it either on the wall or hanging in a window but don't want to cut or damage it in any way. Any suggestions what I could display it in or on? its a square shaped and quite large. Thanks

• Carol

Place it in a picture frame big enough or an old window frame would look good

• Sue Lilly

Would they have to be then almost see threw material

• Chic tayao

Great memorabilia! Very personalized and pretty!

• Nan

I have a silk scarf I have been wondering what to do with. I will now look for 2 large picture frames with glass that are the same size and place the scarf in between the glass - then place it in a window that does not get sun... Now my scarf is preserved and enjoyed in a unique and useful way