Clothespin Jewelry Hanger

I wanted an easy way to display my necklaces and bracelets and couldn't find anything in stores. I decided to make my own, and it only took three materials.
1. Scrap piece of wood
2. Clothespins
3. Glue
clothespin jewelry hanger, crafts, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
I had a great piece of purple wood in my scrap pile that was perfect for this project. I had been saving it for the right project. I wanted to bring the purple out so I sanded the wood a little and waxed it.
Then I spaced out the clothespins. I wanted to give them an aged look so I used a grey stain on them.
I used long nails to attach this to my closet wall but you could lay this on a counter, hang it sideways, or whatever works for your space!
Mother Daughter Projects

• Katina Shaw Sapp

How did you hang your board? I hate putting nail hole in my walls.

• Yvette Gerace

use those 3M no damage strips. Or velcro but velcro sticky stuff is extremely hard to remove from walls if you ever want to move it. I just learned this the hard way. Even goo gone won't get it off. The strips are a little pricey but they really work great and easy to remove.

• Nancy Hughes

How and what do you use to wax wood

• We used a product by Amy Howard which you can get directly from her website or Ace Hardware. Put in on (I use an old t-shirt), let dry, and buff to a shine. (Note: put it on lightly or you will never get it buffed to a shine--I know this from experience!)~Vicki

• Dorothy Dorr

How do you hang it?

• We nailed it into the wall, but you could use a French cleat which only uses two screws put into the wall. Another reader suggested 3M strips. ~Vicki

• Jennie Sesulka

Snarky Princess I have that problem too!

This is a Fantastic way to solve our problems! Also, the suggestion for using ribbon or pretty fabric strips for earrings. I'm so excited to do this easy project I can't sit still. Right now rummaging through all my fabrics and what nots for doing this.

• Cathy

I did a jewelry hang using a slim ladder. My lovely friend gifted me the ladder two years ago. I finally put it to work!