Tonya Miller Dean
Tonya Miller Dean
  • Kailua Kona, HI

Refreshed Server

This piece, believe it or not, was left behind by former tenants. My client was fortunate enough to acquire it when doing the cleanout of the residence. LUCKY! Perks of the job I guess. The proud owner is going to use it in her kitchen to store some large pots and use the top as a coffee station.
Server before. The door wouldn't close.
Server before. The door wouldn't close.
Ugly panel in the door had to go.
Ugly panel in the door had to go.
Stripping the top.
Stripping the top.
After stripping, little sanding
After stripping, little sanding
Staining process.  I used Cabot Pecan Stain.
Staining process. I used Cabot Pecan Stain.
Top stained.
Top stained.
I used Valspar London Coach (only used ONE sample bottle & got two coats!
The bottom shelf after staining
The bottom shelf after staining
Need the detail to pop a little so I mixed some of the stain with Valspar Clear Mixing Glaze.
I rubbed the glaze mixture over all of the top & bottom trim, drawer & door.  Added nice character.
I rubbed the glaze mixture over all of the top & bottom trim, drawer & door. Added nice character.
I sprayed the hardware with hammered bronze, some new hinges, & I added some chicken wire to the door.
Layer of clear coat & She's finished!
Layer of clear coat & She's finished!