Jasmin
Jasmin
  • Canada

From Curb Side Door to First Impression Art Piece!

Well, with all of our renovations - we have finally reached the decorating stage, and as I typically sell all of my creations - I decided that this one was for us! Displaying just how fun and quirky our little family really is! And now we finally have a place for all of our coats, scarves, purses, sweaters and more! A fun piece not only to make but to display!
Come visit our faebook page for more inspiration and fun with re-purposing!
http://www.facebook.com/gypsybarn
The door - Now what I refer to as out Hallway Mantle!
from curb side door to first impression art piece, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
No one is better suited to be quoted on our display more so than the loveable Dr. Seuss!!
A lovely little close up
A lovely little close up
The door before I got my hands on it!
The door before I got my hands on it!
This was the original one I had made - but it sold.
The view from our kitchen!
The view from our kitchen!

• Toni Watson-Haworth

How did you get the nail spikes in the door?

• Shane Hornback Powell

Do you make and sell these? If so, how much?

• Susan carosella

How can you make it to change photos ?

• Sharon Konnick

The door had to be very heavy. How did you mount it?

• Elena

I really like the curb side door project and would like to make it can you give me more info on just how to make it It looks easy but not sure on how to it with out plains on how to do it? Please send to eeg66@outlook.com my email Hope to hear from you soon Thank You Elena Gullo From NY

• Michele Price

I would love to make this. I have the door but I'm just not sure how to do it. Would you be able to send me the steps you used? My email is jamami3@hotmail.com Thank you. Micki

• Lin4892853

I would love to make one of my own, could you please the tutoral for this old door as coat rack? lindavanmil@hotmail.com

• Sandy Johndon

How do you go about getting instructions on doing this, especially affixing photos?

• Jga5475301

Beautiful piece! Can u please give me some direction on how u did this? Thanks! jgarbo2006@gmail.com

• Emma

Hi I ave a door the same as you but I'm stuck on how to secure to the wall I'm scared it will fall down please can you help me

• Jasmin

Hi! We used Lag bolts to secure ours to the wall. You can also use french cleats. your local hardware store would be able to explain how to use those. If you plan on swapping photos out often this may be the best option.

• Emma

Excellent thank you

• Karen

I love this door! I have one that we used for our wedding seat in chart and I wanted to repurpose it. Do you have instructions? Ie paint colour and how to fix on the hooks etc... Thanks. Should i send email contact?

• Samantha Mahler

Could you tell me what u did please would love to do this for my home x

• Becky bass

what technique did you use to get the white to look so rustic? Thanks, Becky

• Mallori Farver

What kind of paint did you use for the black? Thank you!

• Heather

I would love to do this for my front hallway! Can you tell me how it's done. Do you have instructions?

• Stacy crawford

Did you use a shelf board for the top shelf and distress it?

• Verlica

How did you mount it on the wall?

• Pat Barltrop

What did you do to mount the pictures behind the glass?
  • Cynthia

Love the pictures. What size are they printed in?

• Cynthia

I have a 15 lite door that I want to use and put pictures as well. My glass panes are 16 1/2" x 6 1/4"

• Nicki

I loved this project, the hardest part was proberbly stripping the old paint off the door.Instead of individual photos I printed a photo quality poster the size of the door of the Paris skyline.To do this I needed a high resolution photo that I purchased online.I love the finished product and I have a lot of comments on it from friends and family. Thank you for the inspiration .

, Paris Skyline as viewed from my bed
  • Sarah Ponsart

I like the one you sold, but I absolutely love the one with the pictures! I seriously think it is just so awesome. It looks like something you'd pay a lot of money for. And I love the quote in the middle, my hubby and I always say "your crazy fits my crazy".