The Space Between
The Space Between
  • Key West, FL

Create a Focal Wall (that Will Hide Imperfections) for Less Than $6!

$6

I was in need of a relatively quick and extremely inexpensive idea to finish off the ceiling in a room that has a few old cracks in the plaster. I needed a solution that didn't require any power tools and wasn't going to take as much time as caulking and spackling and sanding and priming and painting. (That idea is just exhausting! Especially on the ceiling.) I had initially thought old book pages would
create a focal wall that will hide imperfections for less than 6, home decor, repurposing upcycling, use old newspapers or book pages maps or an atlas as a creative wall covering
create a focal wall that will hide imperfections for less than 6, home decor, repurposing upcycling, if you have an old wall or ceiling with imperfections that need hiding this could be the idea for you
just lay out your newspaper pages to make sure you get the look you're going for (I went all black and white with one random full color page)
make your own decopage for under $6 for the whole room.
The Space Between

• Shaneeka

Hello, I'm currently renting a room. The room has naked drywall and I can't afford to paint so I was looking for a cute/creative wall covering. This is it! However, is this difficult to remove? Will I damage the drywall at all? Would you respond to my e-mail please? Thank you! Shaneeka Shaneekathomas@gmail.com

• Diana Deiley

I think you have created a wonderful new look for a lot of us who own older homes. Wow! Great job.

• Mnapers

I think I would add a coat or two of a tinted varnish or shellac. Speaking as an artist, that slight tint would give it an antique feel, and would blend everything together as one unit, like in a painting.