Angela
Angela
  • Carrollton, TX

Cleaning the Shower

Remove the pink scum on your shower curtain in less than 15 minutes
cleaning the shower, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips
Angela

• Adastra62

I know my response is a couple of years after the majority of this conversation....
    However, it did clear up and bring to light a possible respiratory trigger that I'd been experiencing with breathing problems that I thought were mostly from post surgery from having my heart operated on last May, 2016.

THIS....would only add credence to what I suspected that it might be more than post-op related.

I will DEFINITELY make changes in my bathroom and house immediately!
    the two following links described to a tee what I was experiencing at home and with my chronic asthmatic attacks. This will be corrected immediately.
    ~Thanks for the insight folks.

(pink/red/orange-ish mold)

Treatments for serratia bacteria:

P.s---> Many others also agreed that a strong bleach solution is needed, open windows and doors while cleaning. (of course wearing gloves) a wash down the affected area with bleach solution, rinse well with water and dry.
    all cleaning towels / rags to be bundled up and taken outside along with the cleaning gloves. Ventilate the area well after clean up and repeat procedures as needed.

Shower curtain liners wash in hot cycle with plenty of bleach and vinegar.
    Hang back up to dry.
  • Cec

I always wash my shower curtain with towels in hot water. Take the curtain out of the washing machine just as it starts the rinse cycle. Sparkles just like it is brand new.