Little Girls Dream Kitchen

Found this old beauty and instantly knew what I would do with her!
little girls dream kitchen repurpose upcycle, diy, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Can't beat free old RCA Hi-Fi. This sat in an old musty basement for years.
Lots of heavy old parts.
Stripped all the stereo parts out & sat it outside to air out musty smell
Drilled holes for sink, faucet & burners.
One coat of Kiltz! I removed the decorative speaker cover in the left side of the unit. I had awesome idea for its use!
Two coats of white paint inside & out. Etched in grey on one end for counter top appearance. Added knobs, burners and sink!
Fabric lined inside cubbie in one end. Fabric lined right side decorative frame.
Remember the decorative framed speaker cover from the left side of unit? I glued complementary color fabric to the back and mounted it to the middle of the unit, giving it a window appearance. Local thrift shop had large silver bowl & used faucet. I found 3 old electric burners from an appliance repair shop that give them to me free! They were dingy looking so I slapped a coat of black on them to make shiny new burner look. I added towel rack with contrasting fabric & garage sale utensils. Love the results!
Old!
To New!

• Cindy

any ideas for how to raise it up to be a bit taller? this would look adorable whitewashed. I am going for a rustic look in my house and Im looking for older cupboards and counters that I can do a whitewashed look and LOVE your idea

• San8106797

put inexpensive legs on it you can find them at habitat for humanity

• Edna Donohue

I LOVE this idea! I am wondering how you could add a door to the left side to create a "fridge" look or maybe add a shelf to give more storage? Any thoughts?
    • Regina

I purchased a small laundry basket for her to keep her pots & pans, and bowls in it!

• Debra Butterton

Could you give me an idea on what kind of outdoor paint to use especially in a cedar tree yard
    • Regina

We used Kiltz oil base and then an oil based paint on the unit. We made this for a play room in my Grand kids basement. We did all the work on it outside, but it wasn't our intention to keep it outside once it was complete.

• Lmh32493178

You really did turn junk into something beautiful!
  • Regina

Thank you all! It was such a wonderful project to make for a very special little girl!