Laura, Pet Scribbles
Laura, Pet Scribbles
  • Little Egg Harbor, NJ

Our Backyard Firepit Area

I wish I would have taken pictures of what our backyard looked like when we first moved in to compare then and now, but I guess I didn't because it looked awful. Our backyard was basically fenced-in weeds, with a section of woods in one corner. Yes, the previous owners did install a nice white vinyl fence around the yard's perimeter, but they never did anything with the yard. The good news for us? We were given a blank slate to play with! Here's our backyard firepit area, which was formerly our vegetable bed area. I love this area the best in the Spring and the Fall, on a cool crisp night sitting around the fire!
Our firepit area feels like a room as we have garden beds almost all the way around it.
This area was originally where we put our vegetable beds, but they never got enough sunlight.
Nothing fancy, but it is a cozy place to relax at night, especially in the Spring and Fall.
Laura, Pet Scribbles

• Laura, Pet Scribbles

Thanks Jeanette! We lucked out, as we had put the white river stones down originally for the walking space between our vegetable beds. We were able to just keep them there for the firepit! (I'm with you...we bought one with a screen over the top as an extra measure of safety!)

• Laura, Pet Scribbles

Someone asked me - in another post of mine here on Hometalk - if we have any problems with weeds growing through the small river rocks underfoot. Because we used a good quality landscape fabric underneath the rocks, and possible because the area was formerly a wooded dirt floor area before we removed the trees from there, we have lucked out and rarely need to pick any weeds out of the rocks. Hope this helps!