KSS
KSS
  • Gardiner, ME
Asked on Mar 27, 2013

White appliances and white cabinets

Diana DeileyTrixie63Monique
+4

I have the old wooden oak cabinets and have wanted to paint them white. But my appliances are also all white and am afraid this will not look right. Too much white. Does anyone have an opinion or possible suggestions on this?
  • Kimberly Barney

By painting the cabinets white, your appliances will not be as noticeable. From a design point, that could be good. It will be alot of white but you can pick up colors in the backsplash, countertops and accessories. White will give you a clean look which is always nice in a kitchen. You could also punch up the color with the door hardware.

• Jeanette S

And one other thing, there are an unlimited number of whites so make sure you select paint that closely matches the white in your appliances. I love the idea of white with white! It will be classic! And don't get cutesy with knobs...stick with simple darker knobs.

• Susan hupp

I think it would be fine, perhaps you need to paint your walls a nice color or a nice back splash for some much needed color.

• Lisa House

Can never have too much white...I agree that the cabinet hardware needs to be dark. You can warm up the area by having darker color on the floors. Counters can be white too or a coordinating color of the floor. Have fun!

• Monique

Grey back splash and counter tops look nice with white plus lots of Stainless Steel accessories including cabinet hardware.... utensils... bread bin.... canisters etc. Use towels, aprons, and pot holders, and other accessories like plant pots, picture frames, notice boards, candle holders, wall hangings etc. to add colour. I do this... I've had red accessories, then lime green, aqua, black with royal blue and I currently have timber and mint. Keeping your main scheme neutral colours and adding one or two bright colour/s you can change it up quickly, easily and at minimal cost. Once you have a few accesories you can switch them around. I chose this as I get bored with the same colours all the time. I'm in Australia so I also use different colour themes depending on the seasons or what festive occasions are happening at the time. 😊

• Trixie63

We just decided to paint our 1980s oak kitchen cabinets and think with white appliances it will look best to paint uppers white and lowers a charcoal/black-grey color. Backsplash has yet to decided.

• Diana Deiley

White on white is refreshing. There are a lot of whites with different undertones, gray, green, gray, blue, cream. You can always add pops of color with accessories. You will never get tired of white because it's clean, bright, and pure. Go for it!