A Warm Glow for the Entire Winter

Hate to say goodbye to your Christmas decorations? This is one you can leave up all winter for a cozy warm glow that looks beautiful with the lights turned on or off.
I gathered ribbons, jute, burlap, painter's cloth, and assorted neutral fabric scraps.
Each ribbon and length of fabric was tied to a set of white Holiday lights. I was sure to use the lights that do not get warm.
I used red check and plaid but you can make yours completely with neutral colors.
I wrapped the string around my sliding door for a beautiful warm glow that looks great even when the lights are not on.
This is one holiday decoration that can stay up all winter for a cozy ambiance that doesn't look like holiday lights.
See more and other repurposed DIY ideas at Homeroad.net

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Homeroad

• Diane Baldwin
    Diane Baldwin

do you have trouble with the lights burning ou? i have several actual christmas decorations that have burned out. guess it's not supposed to be left on

• Barb in Texas
      Barb in Texas

@Diane Baldwin I have a set of Xmas bulbs I twined around my window in my bedroom that have been burning continuously (they act as a night light and I leave them on in the day) for 3 years without problems.

• Lisa Myers
    Lisa Myers

What size do you cut the strips?