Sassy Hot Pink Office Chair Makeover

I LOVE the color pink and I've been making my office space a place that screams ME! The name of the paint is Diva Glam and just the name alone makes me want to swoon and it perfectly turns my garage sale find into the office chair of my dreams!
A steal at only $20 this chair has amazing bones and just a few knicks and scratches to contend with! The ornate back is what sold me on it and I snapped that baby up the second I heard the price!
The scratches and knicks are sanded smooth and a quick sand over the entire chair to rough up the poly coat on top begins the work.
A tack cloth makes quick work of all of the dust created and ensures a smooth coat of paint.
My color choice, Diva Glam!
A few coats of outdoor paint and adequate dry time and this project was finito!
It's a bright pop of color in my room and it's been the center of the design for all of the new things I've been snapping up to decorate my office. That fluffy pillow that I have to hide from the dog when I'm not looking included! I guess it looks like a toy or an actually furry thing to hunt!
I love my finished chair so much and my uncle wigged out saying it was "perfect for me"! To see more details and pics I hope you'll visit me at my blog.

Allison Murray

• Pgl

what color are the walls?

• Thelma H

@Allison Murray If you can get a small flake of the paint, Lowes and Ace Hardware can match the color. BTW, love the color of the chair.

• Kathleen Mckirkle

Can you tell me what a tack cloth is please? I like the sound of what it does. I am in u.k. so maybe we don't have them, but maybe an equivalent, thankyou.

• Allison Murray

@Kathleen Mckirkle I missed your question but the ladies have served you well with their answers :) If you can't find them in the U.K. I can tell you how to make them really quickly... grab some cheesecloth and cut into squares a size you can easily use. Clean these rags by dipping in turpentine and wringing out really well. Allow to dry and then dip the rags into varnish (my dad uses marine spar varnish we got from Amazon.com) and ring the excess out turning the rag and doing this a few times over. The rags will become sticky and should be able to pick up dust when tested without leaving the surface sticky. It takes a bit of work but my dad likes to make his own and if you can't buy you always have the option to DIY :)

• Diane Daughdrill

What is tack cloth and where do you get it? thank you

• Jo earp

@Diane Daughdrill A tack cloth is a cloth that is tacky to the touch, usually out of cheese cloth. You use it to wipe down furniture after you have sanded it, it picks up all the dust particles. any paint store or home depot, lowes or anywhere they sell paint usually sells tack cloth.