Ljc
by Ljc

Duck coop

Just some pictures of the duck coop we built one summer. The coop houses a flock of 7 comfortably.

• Ljc

Teresa they mostly stay in the parts of the yard that are mowed. If they start to stray up the driveway we call them back and give them crackers or cereal as a treat. They now associate a certain word with food and come running. We try to keep a visual on them if they are not in the fenced in coop yard. We own them for bug control so if we are home out they roam. We have found them to be great entertainment. Good luck.

• Sandy

I am going to do this, we love ducks, we had two years ago and have to say they become so tame and lovable, they behave like dogs in that they will come when you call, and follow you everywhere, and yes they are so comical... we also had two cats and two dogs who never bothered them at all, though we would call them in at night and batton down the hatches to keep them safe. I was planning on keeping them with the chickens again, but you have changed my mind with this idea! :) In fact I think I will put this coop down by the pond... So glad you shared!