Stockpiling Moms
Stockpiling Moms
  • Independence, KY

Re-growing Celery from Celery

Have you heard of Re-growing Celery from Celery?
I LOVE this idea for my garden! Did you know that you can grow another complete celery stalk from the bottom piece that you cut off and throw away? Cut off the end that you would normally "throw away" and then place it in a small dish filled with warm water.
Next "pot" the celery stalk (Stalk Side Up) or place in your garden. Just dig a small hole, fill it with water and set the end in the hole, then cover it up with an inch or so of soil. Water thoroughly. That is it! Now the "end" will grow into a full stalk of celery! Rinse and Repeat and you never have to buy celery again! Talk about a way to save money! This photo is taken on day 7 and as you can see it is working!
How to grow celery from celery
How to grow celery from celery
3 Weeks
3 Weeks
Stockpiling Moms

• Donna

I have already did this can you use the same bottom An grow another one

• Yolanda

The celery in my frig has gone a bit yellow so I am going to cut the yellow stalks off and plant the base. So excited to grow veg from veg!

• Donna

Yes have done this already An have to harvest iit now can I reuse the stick again