Off the Hinge: DIY Sliding Door

We live in an older 1950's home. When we moved in about 4 years ago there was a glass paneled door that hung on the front of our house, in front of our entry door. It really wasn't serving any purpose so I took it off and decided to use it inside.
This is the before photo! This ugly door had at LEAST 12 layers of paint on it. We stripped and stripped and stripped to finally get down to the raw, original wood.
Then we used plumbing conduit and flanges to hang the door in the entrance to my laundry and craft room, which is right off of our kitchen. We absolutely LOVE how it turned out. You can see the full tutorial on houseologie.com
I loved the wood so much that I decided to leave it and just put a protective wax finish on it. Hope on over to the blog to see the gorgeous AFTER photos!!

Leigh Anne @ Houseologie

• SandyG

Love this. Does the bottom of the door try to move in and out away from track when opening/closing? Wondering how these would work without floor track and not being as heavy as a barn door type door.

• Leigh Anne @ Houseologie

@SandyG It stays in place for the most part. I have 3 kids and sometimes the bump the door if it's not pushed open all the way. That will make the door push out a little but not much. The fixed casters on bottom only roll left to right so that helps keep the door stationary.

• Thepainter

Is it hung with eye bolts and does the door glide ok?