Dye Your Easter Eggs Using Old Silk Ties and Scarves!

Here's a fun and different way to dye your Easter eggs...just use old silk scarves and ties! The dyes from 100% silk will transfer to the eggs...resulting in very interesting eggs for your Easter basket! Just wrap the eggs in silk, then double with a piece of an old sheet, add vinegar water and simmer. Visit my blog for a link to the tutorial.
Old silk ties lend their colors and patterns to eggs, resulting in fun and different Easter eggs!
Here's a fun and different way to dye your Easter eggs! Be sure to use 100% silk ties or scarves for this fun project!
An old silk scarf leaves a nearly perfect imprint!
Just double a piece cut from the silk with a piece of an old sheet or pillow case, wrap it around the egg and secure with a rubber band. Add the eggs to a glass or enamel pot, cover with water and 3 tablespoons of white vinegar. Simmer for 20 minutes, let cool and remove the silk.
The pattern on the back...left by fabric gathered with a rubber band, is also fun and interesting!
You will find that the pattern of the silk has transferred to the egg! An interesting tie-dyed t-shirt look will be on the back from the gathered fabric. PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT EAT THESE EGGS AS THE DYE FROM THE SILK MAY NOT BE FOOD SAFE.
You will find more details on my blog here: http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com/2013/03/silk-tie-dyed-eggs.html

23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Debbie @ Confessions of a Plate Addict

• Gtz17307729
    Gtz17307729

I read in another blog that boiling for 30 minutes increases the intensity of the color. I only boiled for 20 and was disappointed in the light colors. I made these eggs years ago and the colors were phenomenal so that must be the trick! Like the idea of filling the hollow egg!
  • Bru5932533
    Bru5932533

I love these eggs , thank you for sharing .