Jana F
by Jana F

I am looking for storm doors made of wood in the Atlanta area.

I my post earlier this morning, I did not add pictures. Any help finding similar doors would be appreciated.

• Mark Graham

Hi Jana, Did you ever find an interesting wood and glass storm door in the Atlanta area? Our daughter just bought a house there and is looking for a great front storm door now. Thanks, Rena

• Jana F

I never found one in Atlanta. I had to drive to Raleigh, NC where my sister lives and bring it back to GA. My door was not protected by a porch and the GA weather was very tough on the wood. Had to repaint constantly. With a covered porch it would most likely be fine. Also, buy the doorknob where you buy the door! The doors are thin, and you can’t buy the doorknob in GA either.

• Mark Graham

Thanks, Jana, for your insights - perhaps they should wait on the wooden storm door until they get a front porch roof or awning. Enjoy your Southern spring!

• Jana F

That's very helpful. I may see a trip to Charlotte in my near future. Now I know what to ask for when I make calls. Thanks!

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

As you know, they are a nice addition to the look of the front entrance; a storm door you are not adverse to looking at. Fortunately, it's glass panels lined up with the panels in the existing 6 panel door. And it's under a porch overhang so the exterior varnish lasts alot longer (plus I applied 7 coats (-:). CP