Make a Hanging Indoor Garden

$20

Check out how I made this pretty little hanging garden to keep my plants away from my cats!
If you have a sunny wall in your house, this would work perfect for an herb garden!
I used a piece of scrap pine cut to 20 inches and a hole saw to create three openings. Then I used a lovely dark stain and a semi-gloss finish.
I love how this looks a bit different than just a few pots sitting on a shelf. To learn all the details about this project, including how I built in the drainage saucers, check out the full post at my blog below!

If you like plants and gardening, you must check out my plant projects! And follow me on Pinterest for loads of plant-related DIYs and ideas.

• Wood
  • Hole saw
  • Stain and finish

These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
By Brittany Goldwyn

• Maggie h.
    Maggie h.

Did you glue the saucers to the pot or were they attached and the hole in which they sit in is big enough to remove the pot for watering?

• By Brittany Goldwyn
      By Brittany Goldwyn

@Maggie h. I glued the saucers to the pot using little plastic beads! There are some more pics of the process in the full tutorial. Even though they are glued, I can still remove the pots if I want to line everything up in the sink for watering.

• Sherry Fram
    Sherry Fram

Love this idea! Since I don't have any cats I could do this in my kitchen window. Thanks for sharing!

• Tanya Nadouri
    Tanya Nadouri

That looks real sharp! After I got my first cat he made sure I've had not even one live plant. My plant and the pot it was in were too big and heavy. And my cat went almost everywhere. He would hang above the kitchen door and climb almost all the way tho the ceiling. Had to take the good with the bad. But that's am excellent idea that you came up with.

• By Brittany Goldwyn
      By Brittany Goldwyn

@Tanya Nadouri I'm with you. We have two cats...one is a perfect little angel, but the other is very very mischievous. But he makes up for it. :)