Boot Storage DIY

$0

This was a prototype that my hubby and I came up with to store my boots. It is not pretty but does the trick! Made with things we already had around the workshop: 2" diameter PVC pipes, dowel rod (cut in 4" pieces for support under the PVC rods), heavy block wood scraps and a piece of carpet on the bottom (optional) for it to slide in my closet.

How we made this: (1) Cut circles in the block of wood with a spade bit (you can see this one above we put too many holes in the wood - the boots would not fit, too close together). Cut the holes 2" so that your PVC pipe will fit snug inside of it - over the dowel rod.

(2) Put in a 4 inch long dowel rod (not shown), 2" or less, and fasten it to the base board with screws to the bottom of the board. The purpose of the dowel rod is to support the PVC pipe, you cannot see it in the photo but the PVC is slipped over the top of the dowel rod and fastened with screws for support.

(3) Cut PVC pipes about 17" , slide them over top of the dowel rods (not shown) and attach them to the dowel rods with screws on the sides. The dowels provide that extra support needed when the boots are put on.

(4) Then just spray painted them, but you can leave them white.

(5) We added carpet to bottom of each to slide easier on the wood floor in my closet. I have several of these and they make it easy to find my numerous boots in my closet.

You can see the PVC pipes and wood block in this photo.

Top of the PVC pipes - cut to fit the boots on top of them, the PVC is fastened to the base with the dowel rods that are fastened to the base and the PVC slides over the top.

31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers

• Ruth
    Ruth

Could you use pool noodles or aren't they strong enough?

• Rachael
      Rachael

I use pool noodles in my boots and booties it helps keep the shape. Especially when traveling or moving. I like the idea of of having the stand along with the noodles. Could even be attached to a wall.

Thanks for the awesome idea!

• Sherry Wells
    Sherry Wells

Love this idea but what is the dowel rod for?

• Jennifer Roysdon
    Jennifer Roysdon

Great solution! (I use a multi skirt hanger and clip my boots to it because I'm not allowed near power tools... Just call me Accidental Grace)

But let's get to the important questions... Where did you get the boots with the buckle sides??

• Miriam Worley
    Miriam Worley

Great idea. I need this. Thanks for sharing.

• DC
    DC

We leave our rain boots in the boat house. Occassionally someone has stepped into a pair to find a mouse nest or little nut supply stored inside. This is a great idea for us.. Thx!